Absences and tardies affect the learning of all students on campus. Please ensure students are at school and on time every day. Consistent attendance is a key factor in your child’s success at school. Please try to schedule appointments before/after school and vacations during school breaks.
Students must attend school daily and remain in school the entire instructional day. Valid excusable absences include:
- Personal illness (Doctors' note can be required)
- Quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer
- Medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic appointments (with note)
- Attendance at funeral services for a member of the student’s immediate family
- Participation in religious instruction or exercises
- For the purposes of jury duty in the manner provided for by law
- To permit the student to spend time with an immediate family member who is an active duty member of the uniformed services, and has been called to duty for, is on leave from, or has immediately returned from, deployment to a combat zone or combat support position.
- For the purpose of serving as a member of a precinct board for an election pursuant to Election Code section 12302
- Attendance at the student’s naturalization ceremony to become a United States citizen
Students must arrive at school on time. Please check your child’s arrival time and help them to be at school on time. Students must check in at the office before class if they arrive after the official start time.
If your child is absent, you must notify office personnel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 530.742.2531 of the absence and the reason for the absence.