- AeroSTEM Academy is your school! We are here for you! Make friends, discover cool stuff, get help, and feel at home!
- We get middle and high school students ready for their dream career. High school courses are a-g approved. Career Technical Education (CTE) Pathways offer real world learning. From the beginning students will design a plan for their future.
- Clubs! Students can join and/or create an after school club.
How long do you have?
- Our teachers hold California teaching credentials, of course.
- Our teachers think outside the box. We like to go deeper, get our hands messy, build, make, research, close the text, talk, talk, talk, and learn in creative ways.
- Our teachers are encouragers, and while they hold students and parents accountable, they will guide the way to success.
- Our teachers have been highly trained to incorporate technology into the content. They stay current with cutting edge innovation.
You help direct the show!
- We encourage parents to be a part of their student's education. Students will work at home on Mondays as a Personalized Learning Day.
- Parents have the opportunity to join students on field trips and related events. We encourage parents to get involved. They are the key people behind the scenes.
You don’t need to worry about that. We’ve got ya covered.
- AeroSTEM Academy uses Parent Square to keep in contact with families. You can download the app on your phone to receive text messages, as well as emails.
- Teachers and our front desk gals inform, remind and answer your questions.
- Did you know AeroSTEM Academy has a Facebook page? If you’re a social media guru, this is your go-to.
- Flyers, banners, Google links, front desk sign-ups, phone calls, newsletters, parent/student portal, etc.
Attendance and Check-ins: Attendance is taken within the first five minutes of each class. If a student is not present, a Parent Square message or phone call will go out to parents to inform you of your child's absence. If you know your student will be absent, please call the front office at 530-742-2531 or email email@example.com and let us know. Attendance is very important!
All visitors entering the School are required to check in at the front desk. There you will sign-in and receive a visitor pass.
Email Newsflashes: We send a lot of vital information to our families via email through Parent Square, so it is very important that we have your correct email address. We send field trip and special event information, testing schedules, flying opportunities – you name it! Please check email for newsflashes frequently!
Please update any information as soon as it changes at the front desk. (i.e. Email addresses, phone numbers, emergency contacts, names of folks who transport your children to and from the School, etc.)
Field Trips and Special Events: We created a procedure that will make the planning a little smoother. Students will receive a Parent Permission Slip two weeks prior to the field trip/event. Students have one whole week to turn in their slips to the front desk. If turned in past the 1-week mark, it will not be accepted unless a parent submits it and space is still available. Waiting until the last minute may mean your student does not get a spot for that trip.
Parent drivers and volunteers are a huge help for these field trips/events. If you are willing to help, please sign up with the front desk as soon you can. There will be a driver form to be completed and approved.
Library Procedures: We have a library of books at AeroSTEM Academy. It is small at the moment, but continues to grow. Please feel free to ask our front desk gals for assistance whenever you need it! Parents and students can check out library books. Students will receive a notification of responsibility for lost and/or damaged parts upon checkout.
School Hours: Our front office is open Tuesday - Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm and by appointment only on Mondays.
Teacher Availability: If homework help, guidance, or support is needed, please reach out to your teachers. Email is the best way to reach them.
Basic Student Supplies: If a need arises, you may contact your staff for basic school supplies. Students are expected to bring expected school supplies with them to every class.
Student Laptops: Student computers are checked out for student use only. (All student computers are intended for school-related uses only. Please consult the Technology and Internet Use agreement in the Parent/Student Handbook found under “Family Resources” of the AeroSTEM website.) Student computers require a signed contract between the school and the parent.
The following guidelines and others are found in their entirety in the Parent/Student Handbook.
Code of Honor: While a member of the AeroSTEM Academy community, each student is expected to conduct himself/herself with integrity and to uphold the Honor Code. The following are some examples of violating this code: cheating, plagiarism, lying to a teacher or administrator, destruction or theft of personal or school property.
Dress Code: Students are expected to dress modestly and appropriately for learning at the School and at all school-related events. The following are expected:
- Spaghetti straps or midriffs or backless must be covered.
- Skirts, dresses or shorts must fall below the fingertips as the arm hangs naturally.
- Boys shirts must have sleeves.
- Clothing must cover underwear
- Gang related clothing is not permitted.
- Clothing that is suggestive, indecent and generally inappropriate is not permitted.
Bullying Code: Students have the right to a safe and healthy school environment. The following is expected:
- A student shall not intimidate, harass, or bully another student through words or actions. Such behavior includes: direct physical contact such as hitting or shoving; verbal assaults such as teasing or name-calling; and social isolation or manipulation.
- A student shall not bully another student through the use of technology or electronic communication on or off campus. Such behavior includes: Sending, leaving or posting messages that are mean, inaccurate, threatening, or violent.